Doris Day Show Season 4 release!

Talking about "The Doris Day Show".
Tanja
Forum Friend

Doris Day Show Season 4 release!

Unread post by Tanja »

Hi,

here is a interesting link about the Doris Day Show season 4.

Release Date April 10 2006

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 1-7/ref=sr _1_11_7/026-5228776-9534034

Tanja

ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

Fourth Season

Unread post by ray »

Any word yet about the fourth seaon release date on DVD?

Tanja
Forum Friend

Unread post by Tanja »

It was a mistake from Amazon.co.uk.

The real release date of season for in the UK is August 21, 2006

Tanja

ray
I danced with Doris!

Season Four

Unread post by ray »

Called MPI, The Doris Day Show season four will be released September 26,2006.

Peter Flapper
Honorary Member

Doris Day Show

Unread post by Peter Flapper »

Lucky you...

Here in The Netherlands, season 2 and 3 aren't even available yet. (maybe they never will be)

Peter

webmaster

DD Show

Unread post by webmaster »

Never fear. You can certainly buy her TV shows through a reputable internet site - let's say one of the British sites. You can have your money changed into British pounds or whatever.
Particularly with the exclusive HMV release of the 7 films on DVD that are not available anywhere else (except for The Pajama Game):
* Pajama Game
* April In Paris
* By The Light Of The Silvery Moon
* On Moonlight Bay
* Lucky Me
* Tea For Two
* Lullaby Of Broadway

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=486082

HOWEVER - there is this 'Regional' thing that you have to overcome - check your DVD player to see if it plays all regions or just your own. Otherwise you can buy some inexpensive software - a quick search brought this up:

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

There are probably other ways around it - do some online research.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

ray
I danced with Doris!

Season four

Unread post by ray »

Getting closer to season three release, any new on season four artwotk cover?

cranhill
Special Contributer

DVD Regions

Unread post by cranhill »

Hi, Region coding is not really a problem these days. Almost all DVD players sold today can be made multi region just by a few key strokes on the remote control. Go to Google type in your make and model number of your DVD Player follwed by the word 'hack' and you will find many sites with the code you need to type in. I would say that 9/10 machines can be made multi region without too much hassle. All the DVD Players I have bought and my friends have bought have all been made multi region.

Tanja
Forum Friend

Unread post by Tanja »

The Doris Day Show Season 4 Cover (MPI)!

http://www.dorisdaytribute.com/DDShow-Season4DVD-sm.jpg

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Early TV Was Fascinating!

Unread post by Ralph »

I just ordered Doris Day Show Season 3 from amazon.com. Also, I ordered the third DVD of "I Married Joan." For those who do not live in the USA, it was a series that competed with "I Love Lucy" starring the insane comedienne, Joan Davis, who starred with Eddie Cantor years before in the movies. Many people preferred her over Lucille Ball! I have "I Married Joan"'s first two collections and they are funny.

I have always loved and been aware of art before my time. As a teenager, I even took the time to find out who Mrs. Fisk was when I heard her name mentioned in "All About Eve." I researched people like Gladys Swarthout and Sophie Tucker!

Early TV is very interesting and had a lot of very talented people involved in the media. The news people, the talk shows, game programs and especially the variety shows (many on DVD).

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Yes, They Danced!

Unread post by Ralph »

I don't remember if I did, but there is a picture of the two dancing (something like a waltz) during a break in filming that picture. I met Elizabeth Wilson (the adoption agent) at a going to Broadway party one night after the last performance at The Public Theatre of "Sticks and Bones," which had played off-Broadway for almost a year. She and I spent hours talking about Doris Day! Wilson is also an animal lover and she and Doris got along very well on the set of "Tunnel of Love." She reminded me hat she had also played Dustin Hoffman's mother in "The Graduate." What a lovely woman and talented actress!

Also at the party were Kathleen Widdoes, Cliff DeYoung, David Selby, Tom Aldridge and Joseph Papp, plus many soap opera stars. After everyone left, I stayed to talk theatre with the great actor, Kevin Conway and his wife. Kevin reminded me that he had seen me, off-Broadway with Hector Elias in "Bars of Dawn." I was astounded. My dear friend, Hector was also in the cast of "Sticks" and the host that evening. Elias was also a friend of Terry Melcher's.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Re: Doris Day Show Season 4 release!

Unread post by ray »

You don't have to agree with me but rewatch the fourth and fifth season. As fans you should appreciate Doris coming across with a whole new personality and character as the single worldly Doris Martin as a seventies single lady. The shows are better and have intrigue and a little mystery flavor with The Train and who dun it episodes. She could hold her own with her boss Cy and her many suitors and looked breathtaking in many scenes. She had a top job and apartment and enjoyed her career and life. She should have started the series single instead of a widow with kids and no life. What was CBS thinking. Doris created the single gal in movies and outshines That Girl and yes even Mary Richards. Mary was smart to do the single thing back in the day but the title belonged to Doris. When asked why he killed his 90 year old uncle, Charles Neslon Rielly said because he stole my girl!!LOL Then Doris Marin and Cy were watching the DD show with a Christmas message form Doris Day and the tv exploded. And Doris martin said," she's a hot one"!! Hot one indeed!!!