The Doris Day Show-Season 1 -1968-1969

Talking about "The Doris Day Show".
Johnny
Honorary Member

The Doris Day Show-Season 1 -1968-1969

Unread post by Johnny »

Back of DVD Jacket Information on Season 1 of The Doris Day Show:

Doris Day, one of the greatest stars in motion picture history made her television debut headlining the heart-warming hit comedy series which ran from 1968 to 1973,

The Doris Day Show features the beloved actress-singer as Doris Martin, a widowed mother who has left the city to raise her two young sons on the Mill Valley California farm of her father, Buck Webb, played by Denver Pyle (The Dukes of Hazard). James Hampton (F-Troop) portrays the family handy-man Leroy B. Simpson.
The Doris Day Show -Season 1 contains all 28 remastered episodes from 1968-1069. season plus a wealth of rare and new bonus features.

Bonus Features:
Commercials and Promos
1968 Network Promo sponsor and CBS affiliates

Greeting from Doris

What's My Line with Doris Day
A message from Doris
Cast interviews
Special footage
Season 2 preview
Movie trailer

It is a terrific heartfelt experience to see this series and see why Doris maintained the devotion and admiration of so many young fans who are now grown with families of their own. He relationship as a mother with her sons is inspiring.

I really love the bonus features.
Johnny

Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: The Doris Day Show-Season 1 -1968-1969

Unread post by Musiclover »

Today I did something I almost never do -- watch television during the day -- and noticed two things that brought happy memories of Seasons 1 & 2 of the Doris Day Show. What I watched was a 1967 episode of Gunsmoke, called Baker's Dozen. (For those outside the U.S. who may be unfamiliar with the Gunsmoke series, one of its stars was Amanda Blake, who was active in Actors & Others for Animals with Doris.) One scene in this episode took place on a farm -- and it was the same set used for the barn and the exterior of the farmhouse in the DD Show. Another scene involved a court hearing -- and the judge was portrayed by Denver Pyle. It's nice to have those deja vu moments once in a while.