The Doris Day Show Season Two

Talking about "The Doris Day Show".
ray
I danced with Doris!
Spam Prevention: Yes

The Doris Day Show Season Two

Unread post by ray »

Well folks its time to review and chat about The Doris Day Show Season Two! My set will be shipped tomorrow and should receive before or on October 1st. I ordered through Critic's Choice and a :D lso ordered a copy of the set for a friend which won't be shipped till October 25th from Amazon. i ordered though Amazon so this site could benefit. Remember this is the season that made The Doris Day Show a hit!

Betty

Season Two

Unread post by Betty »

Can't wait to see season two. It's been a great DD DVD year with the Movie box set and the two seasons of The Doris Day Show and mentions on Entertainment Tonight and various articles about our Lady Day!

Vinton

Third Season

Unread post by Vinton »

With the second season almost upon us, does anyone know when the third season will be released?

ray
I danced with Doris!

Third Season

Unread post by ray »

Called MPI Home Video and they said season three will be released Febuary 2006, they didn't have a release date yet for the First TV special as yet.

Ken C

Unread post by Ken C »

Thanks for the up-date Ray.I hope we can pre-order in January.

Katie

Unread post by Katie »

ray, how is it being shipped so early?? critics choice doesnt even have it listed in their site...??

is their site ccvideo.com????
- Katie

ray
I danced with Doris!

Critic's Choice Mystery

Unread post by ray »

Two weeks ago I thought I would order though Critics Choice because I heard they ship sooner and they have a bill me later program. I called and they said The Doris Day Show season two was in fact ready to ship, which surprised me because the release date isn't till October 25th. They assured me that is was ready for shipment, that was September 22nd and it has still not been shipped!

They blamed this on a glinch with my order label and after many calls they still insisited in would be sent. I expected it a little early but not almost three weeks early. The customer reps have not been helpful at all just repeating the same message that it will be shipped today or tomorrow!!
Katie if yo want to call or anyone else to help solve this release mystery please do, the number is 1-800-993-6357. Hope you have better luck them I did. Critic's Choice is really blowing my mind! I may just order though Amazon only now, never had a problem like this over a DVD! Que Sera Sera for sure....

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Ordered the Second Season

Unread post by Ralph »

I ordered the Second Season a few days ago from amazon.com. I haven't even finished watching the first one yet! :roll:

Earl

TV DVD's

Unread post by Earl »

Terry did a great job in selecting MPI for Doris' TV shows, first class boxed sets and artwork. Can't believe it will be a year next month Terry is gone.

ray
I danced with Doris!

TV Shows

Unread post by ray »

Finally talked to someone helpful at Critic'c Choice video. They have the boxed set in stock but can't release it tlll October 25th! They assured me I will receive the second season on or before that date!

Boulay

Third Season

Unread post by Boulay »

My favorite shows as I recall from the third season are Doris finds and apartment, the Tony Bennett episode and the Christmas show with Doris singing and Billy De Wolfe playing a Scrooge type.

Betty

Fourth Season

Unread post by Betty »

I forgot to log in Bryan! I like Doris in the fourth season when she was sassy and a cross between Cebil Sheperd and Murphy Brown and dated several men!

Vinton F

Season Two

Unread post by Vinton F »

Ten more days till the release of season two! The packaging should be top notch as the first one was. Terry did a good job in having the sets look so attractive and classy. But then Doris and Terry are class with a capital C! Wih Terry as here to see them.

bettty

Christmas

Unread post by bettty »

We will even have a Christmas show from the second season to enjoy this year.

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Well, I hope you are all ordering it through the Video//DVD page links on here, otherwise I may have to get my stick out. :evil:
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

amazon.com

Unread post by Ralph »

Bryan:

I ordered the 2nd Season on a whim. I was reading reviews at amazon.com, saw the second season and ordered it without thinking. I should have used your link, but I forgot where to find it. Post it at a permanent place, so people can see it. Sorry about that. I ordered from amazon.com. Is there anything we can do?

To make sure all of us orders the third season, so put up the link (permanently).

ray
I danced with Doris!

Animal Guardian

Unread post by ray »

i think we should all give a ten dollar donation a year to Bryan for the upkeep of the site. All registered should,just a suggestion.

Just received the latest Animal Guardian magazine from The Doris Day Animal League and the Doris Da Show is offered there at 35 dollars a set with 5 dollars postage and handling and for 500 hundred dollars they offer an autographed set, of course signed by Doris for a limtited amount of sets.

Also the mag won't be published four times ayear but three now because of funds this year with all the DDAL projects. Holly Hazard's rescue in New Orleans form Hurricane Katrina is also spotlighted and Doris talking about animals in the movies being mistreated and how when she did The Man Who Knew Too Much, she made Alfred Hitchcock aware ot the poor animal condtions while filming.

Ralph
Doris Day Film Reviewer

Good Idea

Unread post by Ralph »

I'd be happy to write a check or send a money order to Bryan, if that's what everybody agrees to do. Ray or Bryan, get it going.

ray
I danced with Doris!

Donation to Site!

Unread post by ray »

I knew I could count on you Ralph, a few of us have sent small donations and Bryan would never ask. But we are all in this together and ten dollars a year is not going to hurt us. This site is so great and what a good feeling to know we are helping to keep in going strong!

webmaster

Thanks

Unread post by webmaster »

I'm ok for the time being, thanks, - perhaps later.
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

ray
I danced with Doris!

Season Two

Unread post by ray »

Received Season Two of The Doris Day Show today and quickly viewed the bonus extras. Rose Marie gushed how Doris was a great person and actress to work with and Larry Storch said when he met Doris he told her that he bunked in the navy with her first husband al Jorden, Doris was ot too happy about that story,he said.

The bloopers are funny and Doris fubeing lines and saying dam quite often. There is also a movie trailer of The Tunnel Of Love and a long version of the takes for doing the opening scenes with Doris driving with pleasant background music throughout.
Can't wait to dig into the shows in which there are 26 remastered episodes. The packageing is fantastic with some very nice photos of Doris during that time period. So lets enjoy and go back to the past where old is new again!

Katie

Unread post by Katie »

ohhhh....Ray, thanks for the heads up--I CANT WAIT!!!
- Katie

bettty

Larry Storch

Unread post by bettty »

Had a crazy thought but could have Larry Storch been the comedien Doris rumored had a fling with? He did the TV series F Troop with Ken Berry, who was the ex-husband of Jackie Joseph. Martin melcher supposedly liked the short lived F Troop and The Andy Griffin Show. Doris and Larry seemed to have fun together in the boxing episodes of The Doris Day Show.

DorisDayFanatic
Forum Friend

Hi

Unread post by DorisDayFanatic »

Oh Larry Storch was the punchy boxer.

Could be, he certainly was funny. I think the best episode was the one from one of the later seasons where he does the night club dance. And when they are practicing Doris and Larry walk around singing. Cute cute.

Vinton F

TV

Unread post by Vinton F »

With her massive wigs, knee soxs and bounce and that brilliant smile Doris makes the shows enjoyable indeed.