My New Video: Who Knows What Might Have Been

More video creations and film/audio clips posted on YouTube, etc.
Barbara

My New Video: Who Knows What Might Have Been

Unread post by Barbara »

"Who Knows What Might Have Been"" ♪
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZLsdQo7ZpI
I think this video of Doris singing this song, fits Doris and Rock perfectly, because they shared such a deep love and friendship for one another . (kind of sad though)

Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: My New Video: Who Knows What Might Have Been

Unread post by Musiclover »

Fine video, Barbara -- thank you! It's another example of Doris's mastery at phrasing and inflection, and one of my all-time favorites of her recordings. This song never made as big an impression as it deserves, I think. Jule Styne's music is so pretty, and Betty Comden & Adoph Green really hit a home run with the lyric. Just beautiful.

Barbara

Re: My New Video: Who Knows What Might Have Been

Unread post by Barbara »

Thanks Musiclover, I just heard this song for the first time yesterday. And I also loved the lyrics, and Doris sings it beautifully, just seemed to fit Doris and Rock perfectly. Someone else that just watched the video said it brought tears to her eyes.
This person was at Doris birthday party, and said every time that showed pictures of Doris and Rock on screen it was hard for Doris to watch. I believe that really shared a deep affection for each other. She said Rock would send her yellow roses from time to time.