New Robert Osborn interview with Doris Day

More video creations and film/audio clips posted on YouTube, etc.
Barbara

New Robert Osborn interview with Doris Day

Unread post by Barbara »

Just found this new interview that Robert Osborn did with Doris Day. It is truly one of the best interviews I have heard, Robert ask all the right questions, and doesn't interrupt her and let's her talk. Unlike a lot of people that interview her. Also he was very complementary of her, and her work. What thrill me so, was when Robert express how much she was missed, and Doris responded how much she missed working as well.
And even promised to think about making a come back and try and do something. I feel sometimes if Doris had someone to really encourage her and could find her some good material she would make a comeback.
Anyway listen and see what you think. :wink:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/9660 ... inal-.html

Musiclover
Special Contributer
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: New Robert Osborn interview with Doris Day

Unread post by Musiclover »

With Doris's enthusiasm, excellent diction, and expertise as a mimic, producers may be missing a bet by not asking her to do a voice for animated films (like Peggy Lee did years ago for Disney). Might be a fun thing for her if she truly would like to work a little -- and she wouldn't have to leave Carmel to do it. I'm not a huge fan of animated film, but I'd sure buy tickets to that!!

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

I have often thought that Musiclover- a perfect compromise.

jbeane
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by jbeane »

Great idea. Someone call Carmel immediately. I bet she would consider it. We can hope!
Jill
"Someone drops a sigh and down you tumble"

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

You really can tell by the way she talks she really misses her work and thinks she retired too soon, she has said this in other interviews. I don't think it would take much if the right person could come up with something for her to do. I always thought it would be something like an animal show, there is so many people out there that are big animal lovers, and she could have some wonderful guest on, a lot of actors and other famous people love animals. This could also be done in Carmel, I just want something, so we could see her again, and see that wonderful personality and laugh she has, that will always be our DD :wink: