Doris' Lovely Voice in New Movie - Sylvie's Love

Talking about and listening to Doris Day, the singer.
docwheels
Spam Prevention: Yes

Doris' Lovely Voice in New Movie - Sylvie's Love

Unread post by docwheels »

There's a new romantic movie - set in the 1950's and 1960's - showing on Amazon Prime. The name of this sweet romance is "Sylvia's Love."

Imagine my delight about 2/3rd's of the way through the movie to lookup from my handwork and hear Doris singing "Fly Me to the Moon." Then at the end of the movie there is this credit, ""to Diahann, Nancy, and Doris."

This is a particularly amazing tribute considering that the movie is told from the experience of African-Americans and all of the music (or at least all I could identify) is from black performers of that period.

The movie is sweet and worth watching on it's own (if you're in the mood for a romance) - but Doris's lovely voice was the cherry on top.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Re: Doris' Lovely Voice in New Movie - Sylvie's Love

Unread post by jmichael »

I love that. Thanks for sharing and I will watch this film soon.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

Two others to keep an eye on:
CRUELLA is being released in May, 2021. The Trailer for this movie features Doris' wonderful rendering of "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" from her Latin For Lovers album.
Also, the popular Netflix series, "Man in the High Castle" features a lot of Doris music in the background.

docwheels
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by docwheels »

Thanks for the tips - I'll watch for these.

mikeydv wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 15:21
Two others to keep an eye on:
CRUELLA is being released in May, 2021. The Trailer for this movie features Doris' wonderful rendering of "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" from her Latin For Lovers album.
Also, the popular Netflix series, "Man in the High Castle" features a lot of Doris music in the background.