Chase Giving Grant

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
JMoore
Spam Prevention: Yes

Chase Giving Grant

Unread post by JMoore »

Those of you who are on Facebook, did you vote? If not please do so for the DDAF!

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001GzL4qyEJ ... QnejNSU%3D

mikeydv
Music Master

Re: Chase Giving Grant

Unread post by mikeydv »

This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to Doris and for her animals. If you are a true fan, you will not hesitate to do this, and quickly. 9/14 is the deadline.

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

I voted. Thanks for the reminder.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

JMoore

Unread post by JMoore »

The 19th is the deadline not the 14th!

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

Unread post by Toby_Martin »

I voted and got another person to vote from facebook which got her organization another vote. Please share with your friends on facebook and twitter to get bonus votes from yourself. She only has 626 votes so far and some of the other organizations have over 20,000 votes. Please fans! Please help Doris with what matters to her the most, the animals, and her organization does so much for the animals all over the United States!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

A grant is the way to go for funding for a cause. If someone spends their fortune on a cause they should not ask average people for donations.

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

I'm sorry you feel that way about charities Ray. I totally disagree. I'm by no means rich, but try to contribute as often as I can to organizations I feel are important, one of which is the Doris Day Animal Foundation as well as the Humane Society of the United States/Doris Day Animal League. In these times, any contributions grants or otherwise are essential to non profits. I'd rather skip a latte at Starbucks then skip giving to the animals and other causes, lol. My brother lives in an area where its so bad economically, that people are giving up their pets and horses left and right. It kills me to hear about all of that, so when I can give to an organization that helps provide where they can, I would by no means feel offended if that organization (or person) reaches out and asks for a donation! I realize not all can contribute, so I'm very grateful that I can do it from time to time. It doesnt have to be hundreds, even 5 bucks can make a difference if alot of people do the same.

Toby_Martin
Forum Friend

And Ray, please don't take that personally! i in no way, want to offend anyone!

ray
I danced with Doris!

Unread post by ray »

With Doris's track record with animal welfare why do they need us to vote? They should just give her the grant with all the good work she had done.

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

Well she didn't get the grant...she only needed just a few more votes and would have received a $10,000
grant from Chase Giving. What a shame. I can't believe with all of Doris' fans she didn't win for her DDAF.
This link was posted on facebook, sampod this forum and DD Tribute.

Dianne
Forum Friend

Unread post by Dianne »

Daisy June wrote:Well she didn't get the grant...she only needed just a few more votes and would have received a $10,000
grant from Chase Giving. What a shame. I can't believe with all of Doris' fans she didn't win for her DDAF.
This link was posted on facebook, sampod this forum and DD Tribute.
I voted twice. Fortunately, I am a Chase card holder...so at least had the opportunity to vote for a second time. I too am very disappointed. :(
"To err is human -- to forgive is canine" Unknown

JMoore

Unread post by JMoore »

Hopefully, the DDAF will be nominated again and we'll be given advance notice. We won't let them down this time. I say we get enough votes to win one of the big grants!

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

I just received an email from Doris Day. com saying the votes were miscounted initially and DDAF got the $10,000 grant after all. Good news! Just shows the power of social networking and getting the word out.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."