Forum Banners 2012

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Barbara

Re: Forum Banners 2012

Unread post by Barbara »

A very big "Congratulations" to Dorine for her beautiful pictures, Dorine has always worked so hard at finding these fabulous pictures for us and I am so glad Bryan is using some of them for the banner. Bryan you have displayed them beautifully, a big hats off two both of you.. :D

puck
Honorary Member

Unread post by puck »

Daisy May2u »
A very big "Congratulations" to Dorine for her beautiful pictures, Dorine has always worked so hard at finding these fabulous pictures for us and I am so glad Bryan is using some of them for the banner. Bryan you have displayed them beautifully, a big hats off two both of you..

I agree with you all, wonderful banner. :D

melancholy
Honorary Member

Unread post by melancholy »

What an utmost lovely surprise.The pictures look stunning up there,great work Bryan and thanks a million,you have made my Day!
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

Doris Martin
Honorary Member
Spam Prevention: Yes

Unread post by Doris Martin »

melancholy wrote:What an utmost lovely surprise.The pictures look stunning up there,great work Bryan and thanks a million,you have made my Day!
MINE TOO

webmaster

Unread post by webmaster »

Pleasure, Dorine - us banner-makers get all the praise but ordinary members like yourself deserve most of the credit. :)
Follow Remembering Doris Day: https://twitter.com/DayRemembering

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Wonderful banner simply beautiful :D Thanks to Bryan and Dorine :D

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

Daisy June

Unread post by Daisy June »

I love these two pictures of Doris.
Thanks Dorine....You do find some great pictures of our beautiful lady.

Jas1
Honorary Member

Unread post by Jas1 »

Dorine/Bryan- a beautiful banner- probably the most stylish - that's the word that comes to mind first and foremost - STYLISH- what a stylish lady- from head to toe....

Lauren Benjamin
Honorary Member

Unread post by Lauren Benjamin »

The word "gorgeous" is so profoundly inadequate to describe Doris in these photos. Thanks to all involved in the presentation, as usual.

Lauren

webmaster

Thanks guys (on behalf of Dorine!) - I think we all love Doris when she was in 'fashion mode'. She wasn't a natural model (being really 'the girl next door' ! ) but, as we know, she was a great actress who could turn her hand to many different roles.

melancholy
Honorary Member

Thanks for the lovely comments,it is a different banner,isn't it? I think Doris looks perfect with that look,especially when you come to think of the "wigperiod" that followed later,as Doris has such wonderful hair (and figure,and smile and all!).
As we journey under our individual umbrella's,we should not forget we all share the same sky.Doris Day

jmichael
Honorary Member

Unread post by jmichael »

Doris was at the peak of her beauty when she filmed Midnight Lace. I can't think of another film where she looked better. The designs by Irene were probably the best of all her films, in particular, the white beaded gown that Doris wore to the 1960 Oscars. That has to be among the Top Ten gowns that has ever graced a red carpet event IMO. I also like her hair this way, a very sophisticated and chic style, which suited the high-end character she was playing.

Dorine, great job on finding these wonderful photos.

Michael
Michael H

"There's nothing in my bedroom that bothers me."

melancholy
Honorary Member

Thanks Michael,I fully agree.The whole clothing line of Irene is so perfectly worn by Doris and specifically the white beaded gown,that she wore on the red carpet.Very glamorous,feminine,stylish,perfect.

webmaster

I don't know how many of you have seen Barbara's version of Doris (left in previous banner) in the topic 'Being Creative with Doris':

I couldn't resist playing about with it (new banner) - hope that's okay, Barbara - she looks like a Greek Goddess, I think. :)

(PS - Can I just say sorry but I don't always have time to answer every email I get - and I get a lot of Doris-related emails - or respond to every invitation/suggestion - I hope you understand if you sometimes don't get a reply.) :(

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Nice job, Bryan. There's only one Dodo, but it's nice to gaze upon those two beauties at once!
Like Irene Dunne done.

webmaster

Cheers Howard (all thanks to Barbara) - I thought it might be too OTT - but still fun!

Do you think it looks a bit 'religious'? - if we had another Doris in the middle it could be a Trinity. :) We could start a cult (oh, forgot, we already have!)

howard
Special Contributer

Unread post by howard »

Thanks for a good chuckle!
Like Irene Dunne done.

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

What a nice surprise Bryan, and thank you Howard, it is always good to see double of Doris anytime we can.
Christie did a very nice picture of Doris also, it is the same picture but different background, she always does a beautiful job on all of her pictures. I will send it to you and if you have time Bryan you might could show hers. Mike suggested when he saw this picture I should call it "IN THE GARDEN" Remember that beautiful song Doris sings
"In The Garden"? And when you mention she looks like a Goddess that is what Christie called hers. I will send it and if you have time you might want to post her version. Doris kind of looks like a beautiful Barbie doll also. :)

webmaster

Would be happy to publish Christie's version - still wish I could have done more with her montage of male co-stars but you need to have it same size to get the full impact -(although I did post that on a separate page so it's here somewhere) and after that must show you some of the great ones Puck sent me (also really like that B&W image you did from Midnight Lace so will slot that in for the future).

(Apparently we've had the wettest summer in the UK since records began - 100 years ago - and looking at what is happening in the USA and other places, it seems to suggest 'climate change/global warming, don'cha think? - I can think and do Doris at the same time! :mrgreen: )

Ania
Honorary Member

Unread post by Ania »

Beautiful banner, gorgeous colors wonderful, miraculous, lovely, marvelous, gorgeous, wondrous

Thank you
-------♥♥❀ڿڰۣ-❀ڿڰۣ❀♥♥--------------♥♥❀ڿڰۣ-❀ڿڰۣ❀♥♥--------------♥♥❀ڿڰۣ-❀ڿڰۣ❀♥♥--------------♥♥❀ڿڰۣ-❀ڿڰۣ❀♥♥-------

Ania
I LOVE YOU DORIS♥

“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Ania YouTube

webmaster

So you like it then? :lol:

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Bryan, You always do a fantastic job displaying the banners. Well I guess you have been seeing on the news the gulf coast had a visit with hurricane Issac, Fla and Louisiana took a pounding. I did send you Christie picture, you can look at it when you have time. How many remember Doris doing this beautiful song,
"In The Garden" ? Why the person who uploaded this song use snow scenes I will never know, would have been so beautiful with spring flowers showing garden scenes.

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

wonderfully beautiful song set to very strange background
no roses no dew...strange

mikeydv
Music Master

Unread post by mikeydv »

how is this?

Barbara

Unread post by Barbara »

Oh Mike, That is just perfect, every picture just fits what she is singing about..Thank you, Thank you, hope you will send Doris a copy of this. Now that is the way a video should be done. Match the pictures with what she is singing about, and that you did my friend. I will go back and leave a reply on this video. Great Job!! :D