Chatting about Doris...

The Doris Day Web Forum - an unofficial forum for fans of Doris Day.
Forum rules
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Renie
Forum Friend
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Chatting about Doris...

Unread post by Renie »

I came across something on you tube that you might enjoy. It's Harvey Brownstone interviewing
Tom Santopietro, author of "Considering Doris Day." As I recall, it was about 40 minutes long.
I found it to be quite interesting and informative.

The link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvEVNdW0pDg

Renie

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Thank you so much Renie for sharing the link on the Tom Santopietro interview about Doris Day. It is a true joy to listen to observations and confirm Doris' as the greatest female box office star in Hollywood History.

I loved how he said Doris referred to her fans as friends and always tried to answer her mail personally.

It is striking how humble Doris was about her talent. I also like how Tom described Doris as a genuinely nice person. He mentioned the only other actress that was as nice was Audrey Hepburn.

I truly enjoyed every minute of the interview. I hope Tom Santopietro's next book is about Audrey Hepburn.

I will listen to the interview again. They are so many pearls to appreciate.
Johnny

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

Really exciting news today from the Doris Day Animal Foundation.. the DDAF store now offers
shipping throughout North America, UK Australia. Shipping to Europe may happen at a later date.

There is a good selection of mugs, tees, music, Doris Day celebration cd's and an exceptionally beautiful pewter angel pin.

They will make special gifts for Doris Day fans

This wonderful news comes just in time for celebration of Doris Day's 100th birthday in 1922.☀️☀️🇨🇦☮️🤸‍♀️
Johnny

doris-day-fan
Honorary Member

Unread post by doris-day-fan »

Yes, Johnny, I just saw that today also - wonderful gifts to select from. Hope everyone is staying well and safe and for those of you in the USA - Happy July 4th weekend!!! So grateful this awesome FORUM is staying strong...we need to stay positive and talking about Doris is always uplifting.
"The BEST is yet to come."

Johnny
Honorary Member

Unread post by Johnny »

My purchases from the Doris Day Animal Foundation store arrived promptly this week. I ordered :

the book Doris Day’s Best Friends
the CD Doris Day -Early Days - 1939-1950
2 DVD’s - Celebrating Doris
- Forever Doris

Centennial Birthday Doris Pewter Angel Pin -1922-2022- Inscribed:
“In Our Hearts Forever”

The Angel pin is exquisite. It is a perfect tribute.

The book has a lovely foreword written by Betty White. There are wonderful photos of Doris with her favourite dogs during her lifetime and other photos of animals she championed. The book is a genuine tribute to Doris’ animal advocacy.

I will follow up with more posts after listening to the CD and watching the DVDS.

I am delighted that the Doris Day Animal Foundation now provides international shipping. I highly recommend a visit to website store DDAF.org
Johnny